I had enough trouble keeping the solar rune pickups different enough.
IMO 2 pickups per type are fine, aside from the nonstandard sizes dropped by some monsters...
- Golem &c., Wand Crystal: Worth 3 instead of 10, should be a shard.
- Undead Warrior, Ethereal Arrows: Worth 5, normal.
- Disciple, Claw Orb: Worth 10, normal.
- Iron Lich, Claw Orb: Worth 10, normal.
- Weredragon, Ethereal Arrows: Worth 10 instead of 5, should be a medium item.
- Sabreclaw, Lesser Runes: Worth 20, normal.
- Ophidian, Flame Orb: Worth 5 instead of 1, should be a medium item.
- Maulotaur, Flame Orb: Worth 10 instead of 1, change the drop to an Inferno Orb instead.
Douglas Adams wrote:
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.