Topic-icon Realm667 now part of Doomworld

4 months 3 weeks ago #1 by Hissy
Don't be...

linguicaDon't be surprised and ask yourself "What happened to the Realm667?" We are proud to announce that this page finally is part of the new Doomworld network. After we have considered such a step now for a long time as the financial situation of the Realm667 didn't get any better, the administrator and site runner of Doomworld Linguicastepped in with a financial offer that even Marlon Brando himself could't refuse. Next to the new page design, a lot of other interesting things will change in the future like moving all the content to a new database called the /idresources archive (which automatically means that all the old links aren't working anymore) and other fancy things. So thanks again to Linguica for his generous support. I don't tell anyone how good the offer was, but in case people are asking why I don't respond to my mails anymore: The internet connection in my new mansion in Monaco is still a bit sloppy, but my butler is already working on it. #realm667world

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Shoutbox

TheBlueLeader's Avatar TheBlueLeader - 16 hours ago

Did the submission considered to be rejected already?

TheBlueLeader's Avatar TheBlueLeader - 1 day ago

Well I got accepted! :) I see you too! Thank you! My first post is ready!

MagicWazard's Avatar MagicWazard - 2 days ago

...though admittedly it's an easy link to miss if you don't know where it is. :)

Approval requirement for new users' posts is detailed here: http://www.realm667.com/index.php/en/kunena/hilfe (Upper left of page, Board Menu, "Read This!")

Yup, same thing. Should be approved shortly.

TheBlueLeader's Avatar TheBlueLeader - 2 days ago

Of course, if I wouldn't check this out by an accident then I wouldn't got it know. Is it going to be like that here too?

post.

Hello! I once registered to a forum that had the similar rules with first post by new members and it took several months before someone could finally accept my

's Avatar Anon - 1 week ago

Crash bug on ZDCMP2 opening logs, where do I report?

's Avatar Ozymandias81 - 1 week ago

@Alhrix - Just download the .pk3 and then open it with Slade, check for a folder called Music | @Davykung176 - I am sorry but we HIGHLY doubt it will happen

's Avatar Alhrix - 1 week ago

is it possible that you would upload soundtrack of Blade of Agony? I love the ingame soundtrack and I would love to hear it.

's Avatar Davykung176 - 2 weeks ago

Hey guy,if wolfendoom can sight aim this game will be cool i hope sight aim will be in BOA next update :)

Sir Squidly's Avatar Sir Squidly - 2 weeks ago

So, finished all the stitching, and now know how to make bright maps, just wondering: Should I include all the sky textures, or release it as its own resource?

Just need to finish normal texture stitching, and maybe find out how to make brightmaps, and it will be finished!

Glad to see someone in support of it! I've finished categorizing the textures, and remade most if not all the doors from Brutal + normal D64!

MagicWazard's Avatar MagicWazard - 2 weeks ago

...but that's a topic for another day. :)

Since D64 was ported to GZDoom not too long ago, I've even been wondering if we should start hosting D64 enemy actors...

I see no reason why not. We've got some D64 sprite objects already; many of the textures are usable.

Also, it has to be put though an IWAD generator to even be able to extract them, and not everyone wants to go through all that. It's for acessability~

The doom 64 textures come cut up though, so I am putting them together. Also, I organized it into a few folders for easy of use

's Avatar Ozymandias81 - 2 weeks ago

Since Doom64 has its own IWAD, I find pointless to share its textures here... That's why I think no one else did before, like if I would share Doom textures

Just realized how awful that reads. So, release them in parts, or put them together? Also could do both.

Doom 64 textures come cut up, should I stitch them together and release only the to get versions, release the parts so people can be creative, or both?

Sir Squidly's Avatar Sir Squidly - 3 weeks ago

*not

Sir Squidly's Avatar Sir Squidly - 3 weeks ago

Currently getting DOOM 64 textures together for the repository, as it has D64 Texture Variants, yet now the actual textures

MagicWazard's Avatar MagicWazard - 3 weeks ago

Ah, for a boss event. Got it.

@doomedarchviledemon: Like for a weapon?

If you are signed in, it shouldn't appear every time you access...just every once in a while. I think Torm said once every month...?

's Avatar Hexereticdoom - 3 weeks ago

Would you please remove the "Donate Hissy" popup image someday? Sorry to say it, but it's really annoying having to remove it each time I enter in the website!

doomedarchviledemon's Avatar doomedarchviledemon - 4 weeks ago

Any suggestions on large stone hands that would fit in the Hexen art style?

's Avatar hey guys i have a bug - 4 weeks ago

Kamen

TDG's Avatar TDG - 1 month ago

I just finished BOA chapter 1 again. I did not realize that a timer for Operation Eisenmann had already been implemented. That made my suggestion useless

MagicWazard's Avatar MagicWazard - 1 month ago

@ RothGelen: On the Home page, there should be a login module on the right hand side under the WIP slideshow. Is it missing for you?

's Avatar RothGelen - 1 month ago

How do I create an account to post on these forums?

doomedarchviledemon's Avatar doomedarchviledemon - 1 month ago

Additionally, is there a powerup/status change that allows a player to not be targeted by sight, but does not become visually invisible?

doomedarchviledemon's Avatar doomedarchviledemon - 1 month ago

When making a playerpawn do you need to have four sets of walking animation? (RVPL A,B,C,D) Or can I make it only have three without a blank sprite? (RVPL A,B,C

Raccoon's Avatar Raccoon - 1 month ago

Also, TDG, pretty much everyone here is on the ZDoom forums. It'd be really weird if they weren't...

Well in general I just wanted to talk about suggestions and ideas for BOA (in game content) and some ideas it inspired me to have. But I will do it on Zdoom

And the front page is flashier than when I was here last!

Especially if you're talking about a mod or campaign...we mostly discuss assets/resources here, and not maps, apart from the hosted stuff.

@ TDG: The ZDoom forum gets a lot more overall activity than this one does, so that would be the better place to go.

Out of curiosity, is one of the BOA team's goals to reuse all the creations from Wolf3D/SoD as well as taking inspirations from fan made Wolf mods?

Yeah Rac****, but if the people here also come on the zdoom forum than consider this question irrelevant.

Blue Shadow's Avatar Blue Shadow - 1 month ago

BoA has its own section. For general stuff, we don't have an off-topic section, so you might want to try the ZDoom forums.

Or the works-in-progress section if you're looking for help...

The topic on the ZDoom forums? :V

Hey guys, if I would like to make a post in which I would like to tell some of my ideas for BOA or Doom TC related topics, what would be the best place?

CaptainManiac's Avatar CaptainManiac - 1 month ago

I have seen it just now.It is great!

Tormentor667's Avatar Tormentor667 - 1 month ago

Have you guys seen the new ability to submit news now? :)

's Avatar ozymandias81 - 1 month ago

Three

CaptainManiac's Avatar CaptainManiac - 1 month ago

@tormentor667,sorry for disturbing you in just that time and posting here,but how many chapters will be Wolfenstein/Doom?

's Avatar ozymandias81 - 2 months ago

@newuser For now we keep the .exe file we have

Blue Shadow's Avatar Blue Shadow - 2 months ago

Your "question" is out of context.

CaptainManiac's Avatar CaptainManiac - 2 months ago

Hi.You have trouble with custom arguments in scripts?

That is something I do not know, I'm afraid.

's Avatar newuser - 2 months ago

Blue Shadow, thanks for showing me the github page! Will the new boa_c2.exe be uploaded to the main website soon?

Looks like some work has been done towards achieving that: https://github.com/Realm667/WolfenDoom/pull/131

So will the "boa_c2.exe" be modified/repaired so it won't trip so many antivirus programs at once?

's Avatar Nchris - 2 months ago

great! thanks for the response. funny thing, though. I let windows Defender do its thing on the file and it "removed the Trojan". still the game runs fine :|

's Avatar ozymandias81 - 2 months ago

@chris Read this, going down: https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=47801&start=2160#p1003880

's Avatar chris - 2 months ago

so is the boa_c2.exe virus issue related to Microsoft Defender finding the Trojan "win32/Dynamer!ac" in the episode 1 download?

's Avatar Ozymandias81 - 2 months ago

@newuser Simply deactivate heuristics before downloading the .pk3 file, then exclude the .exe file with the antivirus

Tormentor667's Avatar Tormentor667 - 2 months ago

This has been already dressed in the FAQ at boa.realm667.com

Raccoon's Avatar Raccoon - 2 months ago

It's because it's a game engine, so it looks for and dynamically alters files.

Can the dev still look into the boa_c2.exe issue? It's not normal for a file to trip so many antivirus programs at once.

False alarm, I'd imagine.

Antivirus scan results: https://virustotal.com/en/file/c4f42813bd980b79f56a9ff532a620794d76f5cb7499c51964da2f45e3b9afef/analysis/1497209006/

Has anyone tested out that "boa_c2.exe file for viruses? My antivirus said it was a Trojan and virustotal.com says 28 / 60 antivirus programs says its viral.

this is the forum for everything,but it has sections,you can easily navigate though them it is obvious where to go

is this the forum for wolfendoom

's Avatar Trl - 2 months ago

Hey guys, why i'm stuck i nthe intermission afetr the first mission, no give me another mission :O

*LISTENING IRON MAIDEN* Hello,how are you?Just to ask you are there ban for very violent map mods?I mean with many violence eading to controversy *ROcking*

Tormentor667's Avatar Tormentor667 - 2 months ago

Updated the forum system to the latest version. If you find any issues please report them to the "Let us know" forum

MagicWazard's Avatar MagicWazard - 2 months ago

Yeah, on Home, there should be a login/registration module right under the WIP screenshots slideshow. There's no login from the Forums pages, though.

's Avatar Ozymandias81 - 2 months ago

HOME ==> CREATE AN ACCOUNT maybe? Use a valid email though

's Avatar DoomN00b - 2 months ago

In fact, how do I even register?? : O I can't see any registration form either!

's Avatar DoomN00b - 2 months ago

How do I post a new thread? I can't see any buttons... I have a bug wherein the database of Doomlauncher seems to go corrupt, to report.

Also, feel free to create a forum thread (under The Workshop, preferably) if you've got a more complicated question that might need multiple responses.

's Avatar Nikix - 2 months ago

Ok! Thanks for reply :)

Or, I should say, link back to where you got it from.

I'd send a message to whoever was involved in that asking for help, and just put the submission itself as your credit.

... so this is uploaded from third person, but it is not clear whom should I ask about permission, or not to ask at all?, just to put CREDITS?

This is what confusing me. in Credits on example for Rifle Zombieman: Sounds: id Software, Skelegant, Valve SoftwareSprites: id Software, David G.

Sounds fantastic, if I can use them and to give credits in game! :) :) I will try to contact them! THANKS for info!

Or, are you asking about "how" to use the art, rather than about permission?

When in doubt, you can contact a contributor directly; most are registered on ZDoom.org, so you can use that site's PM system to contact them.

Credits are located in the third tab of the submission's "box", and should be located within the submission archive itself.

Hi! Submissions are typically uploaded with implicit permission for other people to use them freely--as long as credit is given when they are used.

Hi to all! :) I was wondering is there posibility to use uploaded artworks from this web site in other games? How I can get info about that?

I like how "Chaingunner" is my new rank: I shoot out posts rapidly. XD

NourPrince's Avatar NourPrince - 3 months ago

Back from the dead. hehe

ozymandias81's Avatar ozymandias81 - 3 months ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY REALM667!

MagicWazard's Avatar MagicWazard - 3 months ago

The version available from that thread I linked is in .PK3 format. It should run as-is, provided you have a recent enough dev build.

Raccoon's Avatar Raccoon - 3 months ago

You have to know how to turn that into a PK3, and it's not built for release. Sometimes you even see start locations move to the middle of the level...

Check the first post here: http://realm667.com/index.php/en/forum-board/wolfendoom-blade-of-agony/948-beta-test-chapter-2

Looks like Torm's got the beta release on Dropbox, so you may not even have to worry about setting up Github to download it.

B) Wait for the release, which is tomorrow.

A) Get the devbuild off Github and play

's Avatar Arabmeister - 3 months ago

Hello , how can i play chap 2 on boa?

Tormentor667's Avatar Tormentor667 - 3 months ago

What MagicWazard said :)

...possibly since all those issues were supposed to be "fixed", and he doesn't want them mixed in with issues found in the new release version?

I'd unlock your thread (and merge your new one in), but Torm might have locked it for a reason...

I just got back in town, and I've got some time to test a bit of BoA stuff...

Could a mod unlock my feedback thread?

AngryCat's Avatar AngryCat - 3 months ago

*shout*

I'll try to take a look soon!

DBJ87's Avatar DBJ87 - 3 months ago

doomedarchviledemon I think it suits it a lot more :)

doomedarchviledemon's Avatar doomedarchviledemon - 3 months ago

Not sure if anyone saw but I updated my worm pack a little while ago. Changed the name to Devil Worms as well. Sounds more fitting I think.

davidraven's Avatar davidraven - 3 months ago

hi!

Hai

JoeyTD's Avatar JoeyTD - 3 months ago

hey guys

I believe the only login location is on the Home screen. I was able to see the widget after logging out of my account.

's Avatar Scubbo - 3 months ago

how the fudge do I log in to the forum now @_@???

's Avatar Hexereticdoom - 4 months ago

@MagicWazard: Done finally. Thank you for the advice! ;)

Raccoon's Avatar Raccoon - 4 months ago

A scream is not a shout.

Raccoon's Avatar Raccoon - 4 months ago

Uh huh...

AngryCat's Avatar AngryCat - 4 months ago

been a while since i shouted, so here. *SCREAM*

MagicWazard's Avatar MagicWazard - 4 months ago

Well, if you think you DO see a bug, you can always go here to report it: https://mantis.zdoom.org/ Registration is quick and painless!

It may be a GZDoom internal bug, 'cause I remember that in older versions the quit SFX were playing always without trouble... Thanks in advance for your info!

...marking YES option, the random quit sound effects sometimes doesn't play at all? Has someone experienced that strange issue?

Hi everyone, I would like to ask you a small question... Have you noted in last GZDoom stable releases (2.3 and 2.4), when you press F10 to exit the game and...

BadMojo's Avatar BadMojo - 4 months ago

Would realm accept voxels in a submission, if there was also a sprite alternative?

ozymandias81's Avatar ozymandias81 - 4 months ago

Thank you Glado, going to check it on FB in a while

's Avatar Glado - 4 months ago

I must also appreciate the last level, (desert) made an impression on me! (Sorry for bad english again)

's Avatar Glado - 4 months ago

Hi! Your game impressed me, so i make little PR, here (in CZ, sorry for bad english): https://www.facebook.com/Videohrac1/

ozymandias81's Avatar ozymandias81 - 4 months ago

Friends, FYI I am working on the sequel of Ultimate Torment and Torture... Stay tuned!

DBJ87's Avatar DBJ87 - 4 months ago

Love the new website design & layout

Tormentor667's Avatar Tormentor667 - 4 months ago

Tormentor667's out, time for my private vacation in Monaco

Blue Shadow's Avatar Blue Shadow - 4 months ago

I'm not sure I follow. Listen, if you have editing questions about ZScript, ask them on the ZDoom forums. The shoutbox is ill-suited for this.

CaptainManiac's Avatar CaptainManiac - 4 months ago

and about extending classes,what should i type?

Yes, you can call ACS scripts from ZScript. And as I said, ACS is not gone. The introduction of ZScript changes nothing regarding ACS.

also,in extending classes,what should i type?the old functions along with the new or just the new functions?

so i can use zscript and ACS simultaneously and if i start some map with acs on gzdoom 2.4 the map will still execute its acs

Wiped out? You mean from GZDoom? Of course not.

Does that mean that ACS is completely wiped out?

Hmm.. that opens a few doors then :)

Yes, ZScript can be used as a DECORATE replacement.

Thanks for the info. Does this mean that submissions can be zscript instead of decorate if one chooses?

https://zdoom.org/wiki/ZScript

History: https://zdoom.org/wiki/DoomScript

Excuse me from sounding like Ive been living under a rock... but is zscript new or has it been around a while?

Blue Shadow's Avatar Blue Shadow - 5 months ago

Currently there isn't a PM system, no.

Preview won't change, as most of what you're suggesting are way too tall.

I don't see the importance of modifying the name.

Texture count in description isn't needed. It's already noted in the INFO lump.

What would you like the description to be?

Raccoon's Avatar Raccoon - 5 months ago

Oh, and the credits should probably include RaVen, because he got me the beta textures.

Also, I intended for the title to have the word "Essential", because they're that kind of expansion, and I'd like the description to say the number of textures.

I'd prefer using GLASL02 and GLAST00 as the preview, or if that's to big, GLASL03, GLASS08, and GLASS09

BlueShadow> I'm really happy to have those Stained Glass textures on the repository, but could you maybe change the description a bit for me?

Is there no PM system on this site?

MagicWazard's Avatar MagicWazard - 5 months ago

Hey, Ozy!

Yay! I'm on Realm667!

Ozy, I made 2 submissions.

ozymandias81's Avatar ozymandias81 - 5 months ago

Hey friends, very sorry for not being so active recently here... Hopefully it will be better this summer with my submissions ;)

MagicWazard's Avatar MagicWazard - 5 months ago

Ooooh! GZDoom 2.4.0 added a StealthAlpha property! A Shadow Trooper update is inevitable!

I'm still giggling at that.

Hey Tormentor, if you're still around... "Shtab! Shtab! Shtab! By golly them NAZIs didn't see me comin' I tell you wot ol' boy."

Tormentor667's Avatar Tormentor667 - 5 months ago

I read your comment on C1M6 - will check these things later

Tormentor, I've been playtesting Wolfendoom and making crap for Hexen! :3

Neat.

...and improved a few CSS problems that I noticed for a while now :)

Updated the forum to the new Kunena version, just fyi

From your end, just make sure your submission is in working order.

AngryCat's Avatar AngryCat - 5 months ago

i'm guessing that when an admin approves, they go around to the other admins here and ask for their opinion, which would take a bit to respond.

Anything I can do to make approval go faster?

Once it's approved, it should be added in few days.

Soo... How long does it normally take for a submission to get on the repository?

When I update something (old), I try not to break its compatibility with Zandronum if it's already compatible if I can help it. But that's just me.

It's up to you. There isn't a written rule that you should.

as long as it's compatible with g/zdoom, you're probably fine

Sir Squidly's Avatar Sir Squidly - 5 months ago

Question: Should I strive for Zandronium compatability, or use the tools modern source ports provide?

i'll bet BOA is gonna be great!

I would shout more often if I had more time to do so - Blade of Agony is time-consuming guys :)

yeah, no ones online enough to shout in here

BadMojo's Avatar BadMojo - 5 months ago

2 weeks since last shout?... well we cant have that... *shouts randomly*... there, thats better :)

's Avatar Hexereticdoom - 5 months ago

And if someone is interested, I have published a few time ago a new update release of the mod, v5.0 with lots of new features, enemies, weapons, and more... ;)

's Avatar Hexereticdoom - 5 months ago

Hi there! Just want to say, many thanks to Hissy for featuring my H-Project mod in Realm667, it has been a nice surprise for sure! :D

DBJ87's Avatar DBJ87 - 6 months ago

Just curious because there's a lot of mix & match WADs, mostly just changing the Pinky Demons though.

Think I've asked this before, would Doom64 based Monsters be considered for Doom? Made or modified a few for more variety, mostly Zombies, Spiders, Cacos & Imps

AngryCat's Avatar AngryCat - 6 months ago

it's kinda dissapointing how most doom forums have %98 of people offline.

MagicWazard's Avatar MagicWazard - 6 months ago

Hmm...maybe you ought to post a WIP on the Workshop first.

's Avatar Sir Squidly - 6 months ago

I'm putting together a generic scientist for a resource, and i'm wondering if it falls into the beastinary, even though it doesn't attack at all.

's Avatar Glado - 6 months ago

It works now, thank you. But i have one more problem, now i have the old school HUD, how to set HUD to more unvisible like before? Sorry for bad english.

@MagicWazard You're welcome :) Awaiting the fate of some of the finished projects, but do have some new(ish) ideas that might crop up soon...

ozymandias81's Avatar ozymandias81 - 6 months ago

@For Glado & Joe - http://realm667.com/index.php/en/kunena/wolfendoom-blade-of-agony/838-serious-performance-issues-with-wolfendoom-blade-of-agony#5115

's Avatar Drugod - 6 months ago

Amazing!!

Thank you for participating! It's participation that keeps this site alive (or, at the very least, meaningful).

Thinking back, can't believe it's been just over a year, nervous as hell & never expected to progress as I have now. Shouting Out a big 'Thank you' to all :)

's Avatar Joe - 6 months ago

Hey, Blade of Agony crashes very often. I have tried using the most recent build of GZDoom and deleted ini files. What else can I do?

's Avatar Glado - 6 months ago

Hi, i have problem in second mission when a go into water and attack sharks, game has stop working and settings reset, how to fix?

BadMojo's Avatar BadMojo - 6 months ago

Hate onions?!? Man, I don't even know you anymore ;P

I like fajita meat, but I don't care too much for peppers, and I hate onions.

BadMojo's Avatar BadMojo - 6 months ago

*quietly sings pink floyd* "Is there anybody out there..." *tumble weed rolls passed*.... A wild BadMojo appears... Fajitas anyone? :)

CaptainManiac's Avatar CaptainManiac - 6 months ago

HOORAY!Thank you so much

BadMojo's Avatar BadMojo - 7 months ago

I probably should also mention the Fajita Maker while Im here

BadMojo's Avatar BadMojo - 7 months ago

Thanks MW! :)

MagicWazard's Avatar MagicWazard - 7 months ago

I know what you're referring to, but worry no more; it's up now!

CaptainManiac's Avatar CaptainManiac - 7 months ago

btw,some o'the things that were approved are not uploaded yet.Sorry for my impatience,but this dishearts me

CaptainManiac's Avatar CaptainManiac - 7 months ago

This logo is good,only that i can say

Your browser does not support the HTML5 canvas tag.
Cancel

Donate and Help keeping the Realm667 alive!