Topic-icon [C2M4] Operation: Wüstenfuchs

9 months 1 week ago #11 by Talon1024
I see you've fixed the misaligned textures, but not the inescapable areas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 months 1 week ago #12 by Tormentor667
Somehow I don't understand how you mean the screenshots. Would you mind fixing these yourself? :)

9 months 1 week ago #13 by Talon1024
In the screenshots for the inescapable areas, the player is in an inescapable area. Although I didn't use the automap, the coordinates are shown in those screenshots. Should I re-take those screenshots with the automap turned on?

9 months 1 week ago #14 by Tormentor667
That would certainly help yes

9 months 1 week ago - 9 months 1 week ago #15 by Talon1024
OK, I've added automap images beside the inescapable area screenshots. Check my original post on page 1.

9 months 1 week ago #16 by Tormentor667
Perfect, easily fixed now

9 months 6 days ago - 9 months 6 days ago #17 by Talon1024
I found another inescapable area:

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

But, before you fix it, please merge my script fixes .

9 months 5 days ago #18 by ozymandias81
Fixed right now and only after your previous merge, thanks

Doom is a State Of Mind... out of Control.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tormentor667

6 months 4 weeks ago #19 by Talon1024
I'm thinking of replacing the first MG turret guarding the airfield with a mecha, and/or moving the second mecha (where the tank was) to that position.

One major issue I still have with this map is that the player is confronted with 4 flamer soldiers at the bottom of the lift inside the bunker. That encounter needs to be rebalanced, as most players aren't going to be ready for that sort of thing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tormentor667

6 months 3 weeks ago #20 by Tormentor667
Fixed the flamers, replaced by dog

Shoutbox

Blue Shadow's Avatar Blue Shadow - 3 days ago

No problem.

doomedarchviledemon's Avatar doomedarchviledemon - 3 days ago

Wonderful! I think I have a new submission coming on in the future now. >:3 Thank you Blue Shadow.

Blue Shadow's Avatar Blue Shadow - 4 days ago

A_ClearTarget makes a monster forget about its current target.

doomedarchviledemon's Avatar doomedarchviledemon - 4 days ago

Ah, perfect! Now is there a way for an enemy to stop chasing the player after a certain amount of time if the player remains silent?

Blue Shadow's Avatar Blue Shadow - 5 days ago

A_LookEx has a LOF_NOSIGHTCHECK flag. Try that perhaps.

doomedarchviledemon's Avatar doomedarchviledemon - 5 days ago

Is it possible for a hostile actor to only attack upon hearing an attack? Like, seeing the player won't trigger an attack/chase but hearing a gunshot would.

Blue Shadow's Avatar Blue Shadow - 1 week ago

You can't. There isn't a PM feature.

qwerty132's Avatar qwerty132 - 1 week ago

how to send a pm to someone?

MagicWazard's Avatar MagicWazard - 2 weeks ago

Although it looks like you found it, going by recent posts...?

MagicWazard's Avatar MagicWazard - 2 weeks ago

Front page (http://www.realm667.com/index.php/en/), upper right, there's a module below the WIP slideshow.

's Avatar InterdementionalInterlope - 2 weeks ago

AHHHH where do i log in at? I know security is an ishu but you might get more talent if your site was more accessible!

MagicWazard's Avatar MagicWazard - 4 weeks ago

...so it will probably have to be very unusual or extremely well-done to attract a lot of interest.

MagicWazard's Avatar MagicWazard - 4 weeks ago

@ Roozy1999: If it's good, go for it! Bear in mind though that we have a ton of shotguns already available...

's Avatar Roozy1999 - 1 month ago

I'm going to make a weapon for Doom called "Angler Shotgun" and after I'm done, I can submit

MagicWazard's Avatar MagicWazard - 1 month ago

Oh, and don't forget that somebody on ZDoom.org could probably help you too. They get SO much more traffic than we do around here. :/

@ skelepound: Haven't looked into it yet, sorry. I have an idea in mind, though.

skelepound's Avatar skelepound - 1 month ago

Hey Wazard, any update on that Brutal Doom Marine code?

thing that requiers the key to activate i get no option for the key to be used

Oh, ya i eventualy wanderd where i needed to go. The editor has the physical key in the right place but when it comes to designing a...

In any event, the keycards *should* work out-of-the-box, provided you are using them in a ZDoom-format map (as opposed to a legacy Doom 2 format map).

It looks like you were able to get registered correctly, from what I see on the "Introduce Yourself" thread...?

's Avatar Blackisntblackanymore - 1 month ago

I added the scripts for the keys into my wad but don't know how to use them in the level editor.

's Avatar Blackisntblackanymore - 1 month ago

I have looked allover the site and i cant find where I am supposed to make an account.

's Avatar ozymandias81 - 1 month ago

I see, even for Undying ones though... At least good feedback. Thanks a lot to both of you then, I am very happy of these closed subs! :D

Blue Shadow's Avatar Blue Shadow - 1 month ago

No problem. Dreadopp deserves a thank you too, since he approved them.

ozymandias81's Avatar ozymandias81 - 1 month ago

And even Quiver ones! I am so happy, thanks a lot BS!

ozymandias81's Avatar ozymandias81 - 1 month ago

Oh just wanted to see some stuff here... and noticed that Heavy Metal textures have been added! Thanks BlueShadow! :D

@ qwerty132: we don't usually have someone on 24/7; what's on your mind?

qwerty132's Avatar qwerty132 - 1 month ago

is there any mod online?

Front page (http://www.realm667.com/index.php/en/), upper right, there's a module below the WIP slideshow. "Create Account" is the bottom-most option.

's Avatar noob - 1 month ago

how do I create an account?

SNES Doom was the first version I ever played...it'll always have a place in my heart, even though I'm not actually likely to play it again anytime soon...:D

I didn't have such a rosy opinion of the GBA Doom II, unfortunately. Great from a technical perspective, but SUUUPER sloppy everywhere else.

I bought it at launch! It's been one of my prized possessions ever since.

Where'd you find GBA Doom?

LOL. My GBA has no gems so lovely as those. And our SNES also lacks Doom. Tho for SNES im more interested in classic RPG's - Secret of Mana or FF6.

doomedarchviledemon's Avatar doomedarchviledemon - 2 months ago

Oh that's awesome. I have the GBA game as well. Though I really wish I had the SNES version. Low in quality, but still awesome. ^_^

skelepound's Avatar skelepound - 2 months ago

You have GBA Doom? Dude - resoect.

MagicWazard's Avatar MagicWazard - 2 months ago

Now, if they will port the original games over, then I can finally hang up my copy of GBA Doom from 2001...and maybe that'll get me to buy a Switch.

@ doomedarchviledemon: I wonder how well Doom will run on the Switch, since it's not like the Switch hardware is especially cutting-edge.

Blue Shadow's Avatar Blue Shadow - 2 months ago

Done. But please, in the future, keep us updated on the status of your submissions.

Sir Squidly's Avatar Sir Squidly - 2 months ago

Ok, I just got a message that my D64 Textures were uploaded. Please, take it down, the file is missing parts, and I am almost finished with the file! Thank you

WELL, we've all seen that video of new super mario with the swastika pipes

Sir Squidly's Avatar Sir Squidly - 2 months ago

It was absolutely hilarious seeing swastikas in a Nintendo presentation

doomedarchviledemon's Avatar doomedarchviledemon - 2 months ago

So Doom 2016 is coming to Nintendo Switch, as well as Wolfenstine. Not sure if this should be a news segment on this site but uh, very unexpected and cool. :3

anyone else?

We can discuss details there

message me - skelepound@hotmail

TheBlueLeader's Avatar TheBlueLeader - 2 months ago

I would like to be in team with something to be honest but because of big time limit that I have I am not sure if I can be helpful fast enough.

Would anyone be interested in working on a TC mod - DOOM survival evolved? Taming demons, MAYBE riding them

S'all good

I have often this destiny in another communities so I thought I have it here too! I admit I offended skelepound just for no reason and was a bit silly. :P

And then right after my post in shoutbox people started to write about trolling.

Then I apologize sincerely especially in front of skelepound. I reacted also to your comment for my monster that even didn't describe much your negative vote.

There was a spam of offending one-word shouts from an anonymous user. I took care of them. It has nothing to do with TheBlueLeader's shout.

I'm not sure I want to get involved with this, but what was this so-called "trolling"? The presence of a teaser trailer for the Annihilating Demolisher?

Cut down on the shoutbox spam, you two. And no, there won't be any "discussion" in The Workshop.

Yes. This is what about I even agree. :)

I will just call it "a discussion"

lets move this to a thread in the Workshop - the shoutbox isnt really for this. Are you okay with that?

(Please don't blame me about spamming. Just typing once but entering twice because of no knowledge it will take a time to post. Must be some kind of error.)

"tryna help". You mean was trying to help me? What should I clarify?

"tryna help". You mean was trying to help me? What should I clarify?

Cool - like i said, i wasn't asking as an insult - i was just tryna help. Anyhow, can you please try to clarify?

Okay. I am not good in Spanish. :) But I like that when people try to be nice. :)

Hell, I offered to speak in spanish if it was easier for you. I'm not f*cking with you - im actually trying to be nice here.

um, dude, ur sounding a bit aggro here. I'm trying to be friendly, and it sounds like you are implying im unintelligent. I wnted clarification

But don't try to flush my head! :) I know exactly that you understand but you mention my skills in English just to hide it for hiding your own silliness. :)

Yes, English is my the second language. And also I don't do that much hard work to write everything properly for unintelligent people.

Yes, English is my the second language. And also I don't do that much hard work to write everything properly for unintelligent people.

I don't fully understand you - is English your second language? I speak spanish if it's easier, but a it's bit tough to understand wut ur saying.

Also don't you find that rejection to my monster only because of my bad behaviour to troll accidentally is also a bit wrong? :)

But it helped. Didn't it? :) There is really no point of keeping me with you when you will never plan to communicate with me. :)

It's kind of hilarious

I'm just sayin, I've trolled and raided before - but it's just so STUPID to troll us. I mean, as a target, there is no damn POINT to trolling us.

Yeah, good advice! Ignoring is better and even more intelligent than discrimination. Lot's of people anyways have no more sense than just bulling. :)

A piece of advice: ignore and don't reply to them.

I mean, really? Trolling a DOOM resource site? Weak, dude.

So, trolls are about it seems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLj1LOxeMvk

is a Wazard more magical than a Wizard?

We used to have both an IRC (live chat) and a PM system...I think more of y'all need to go hit that PayPal donation button for Torm's sake. :)

Oh, and feel free to open a thread in The Workshop subforum if you have technical or how-to questions.

I apologize, but please note I at least tried to stagger my messages a few hours. I will use this less in future.

's Avatar Ozymandias81 - 2 months ago

@skelepound - Please, stop spamming. Thanks.

Damn - 5 people online at once?!?! INCREDIBLE! is this like a record?

Mainly I will use realm667 resources for weapons/monsters - but there will be at least SOME original content as well.

But I have trouble with custom ammo, and with certain edits to creature code

Also, if your online, doomedarchviledemon, would you be interested in a collab megawad? 20 maps planned, numerous weapons and monsters

Naw, I don't think there is a linux port of GZDoom Builder yet, and Wine is a pain

GZDoom, yeah... You are right. This is for running. :)

Slade is good but those programs that can do everything are very basic in level editing usually and more difficult to handle.

Search it from Google or YouTube and you should find it easily! :)

It seems that it affected me when I wrote at night and I was a bit tired... :D What I wanted to say is that use GZDoom Builder. :D

Also - IDK if any admins are on, but I'm trying to get a creature submitted - if you feel it is still insufficient, is there any way i could get some feedback?

Nevermind, I think I'm getting the hang of SLADE. All is well.

how do you make a map using GZDOOM? I thought it was just a program for RUNNING Doom.

I think that a possibility to play on Linux doesn't depends on what program do you use for creating/editing wad. Should depend on how do you run it. :)

Try to use GZDoom! :) It is simple as Doom Builder but have much more functions than Doom Builder 2.

I miss mapping - and I think I have a really good idea for a HUGE Wad. But I'm not proficient with mapmaking outside of DOOM Builder.

I have an idea for a WAD, but I want to know if u guys know of any good linux map editor for DOOM - and if not, I got SLADE running, so how do you map in SLADE?

However, if someone at least would comment my first post so there would be some kind of converstion then I also could be more active later. :)

At least there seems to be nice and calm community that I like very much. :)

Well, I hope then that the friendliness by the people is not always only if they cannot allow themselves to be bad. :P But I try to be patient then.

Well, *relatively* small. Either way, there's a lot less regular traffic than, say, Zdoom.org.

We try to be friendly around here. It's a small forum, so there isn't a lot of room for people to be mean to each other.

@MagicWazard: Thank you for explanation to avoid some unnecessary worries too early! I appreciate this. Feels friendly. :)

And we try hard to set aside plenty of time to test and evaluate everything before we make decisions or ask for more revisions.

@ TheBlueLeader: Don't worry, a few days of inactivity doesn't mean we're ignoring you...we're just a little slower-paced around here than other forums.

This thing have been now fixed!

Thank you for this information! Helped me much to understand things better. :D

By the way at first I thought about the hurt face to symbolize my monster as really deadly. I had no idea those have been meant to symbolize a post status. :D

I just tried to follow the rules and so I watched how some other submissions have been done. :)

OK! That is what about I had any no idea! :O I really didn't mean to set an "approved" icon. :D

Gothic's Avatar Gothic - 2 months ago

I mean adding the "approved" icon by yourself, submissions need the blue S icon. Unless some admin did a silent approval.

's Avatar Alhrix - 2 months ago

@Ozymandias81 Thanks

Or did I understood correctly that my submission will be not approved also because it is not good enough?

Was it like "don't approve your own submissions!"? I can't approve or reject any submissions. However, I am not a moderator nor andmistrator.

Gothic's Avatar Gothic - 2 months ago

This forum isn't very active, so you just have to wait. Also don't approve your own submissions, it doesn't give you a good impression.

Did the submission considered to be rejected already?

Well I got accepted! :) I see you too! Thank you! My first post is ready!

...though admittedly it's an easy link to miss if you don't know where it is. :)

Approval requirement for new users' posts is detailed here: http://www.realm667.com/index.php/en/kunena/hilfe (Upper left of page, Board Menu, "Read This!")

Yup, same thing. Should be approved shortly.

Of course, if I wouldn't check this out by an accident then I wouldn't got it know. Is it going to be like that here too?

post.

Hello! I once registered to a forum that had the similar rules with first post by new members and it took several months before someone could finally accept my

's Avatar Anon - 3 months ago

Crash bug on ZDCMP2 opening logs, where do I report?

's Avatar Ozymandias81 - 3 months ago

@Alhrix - Just download the .pk3 and then open it with Slade, check for a folder called Music | @Davykung176 - I am sorry but we HIGHLY doubt it will happen

's Avatar Alhrix - 3 months ago

is it possible that you would upload soundtrack of Blade of Agony? I love the ingame soundtrack and I would love to hear it.

's Avatar Davykung176 - 3 months ago

Hey guy,if wolfendoom can sight aim this game will be cool i hope sight aim will be in BOA next update :)

Sir Squidly's Avatar Sir Squidly - 3 months ago

So, finished all the stitching, and now know how to make bright maps, just wondering: Should I include all the sky textures, or release it as its own resource?

Just need to finish normal texture stitching, and maybe find out how to make brightmaps, and it will be finished!

Glad to see someone in support of it! I've finished categorizing the textures, and remade most if not all the doors from Brutal + normal D64!

MagicWazard's Avatar MagicWazard - 3 months ago

...but that's a topic for another day. :)

Since D64 was ported to GZDoom not too long ago, I've even been wondering if we should start hosting D64 enemy actors...

I see no reason why not. We've got some D64 sprite objects already; many of the textures are usable.

Also, it has to be put though an IWAD generator to even be able to extract them, and not everyone wants to go through all that. It's for acessability~

The doom 64 textures come cut up though, so I am putting them together. Also, I organized it into a few folders for easy of use

's Avatar Ozymandias81 - 3 months ago

Since Doom64 has its own IWAD, I find pointless to share its textures here... That's why I think no one else did before, like if I would share Doom textures

Just realized how awful that reads. So, release them in parts, or put them together? Also could do both.

Doom 64 textures come cut up, should I stitch them together and release only the to get versions, release the parts so people can be creative, or both?

*not

Currently getting DOOM 64 textures together for the repository, as it has D64 Texture Variants, yet now the actual textures

Ah, for a boss event. Got it.

@doomedarchviledemon: Like for a weapon?

If you are signed in, it shouldn't appear every time you access...just every once in a while. I think Torm said once every month...?

's Avatar Hexereticdoom - 3 months ago

Would you please remove the "Donate Hissy" popup image someday? Sorry to say it, but it's really annoying having to remove it each time I enter in the website!

doomedarchviledemon's Avatar doomedarchviledemon - 3 months ago

Any suggestions on large stone hands that would fit in the Hexen art style?

's Avatar hey guys i have a bug - 3 months ago

Kamen

TDG's Avatar TDG - 4 months ago

I just finished BOA chapter 1 again. I did not realize that a timer for Operation Eisenmann had already been implemented. That made my suggestion useless

MagicWazard's Avatar MagicWazard - 4 months ago

@ RothGelen: On the Home page, there should be a login module on the right hand side under the WIP slideshow. Is it missing for you?

's Avatar RothGelen - 4 months ago

How do I create an account to post on these forums?

doomedarchviledemon's Avatar doomedarchviledemon - 4 months ago

Additionally, is there a powerup/status change that allows a player to not be targeted by sight, but does not become visually invisible?

doomedarchviledemon's Avatar doomedarchviledemon - 4 months ago

When making a playerpawn do you need to have four sets of walking animation? (RVPL A,B,C,D) Or can I make it only have three without a blank sprite? (RVPL A,B,C

Raccoon's Avatar Raccoon - 4 months ago

Also, TDG, pretty much everyone here is on the ZDoom forums. It'd be really weird if they weren't...

Well in general I just wanted to talk about suggestions and ideas for BOA (in game content) and some ideas it inspired me to have. But I will do it on Zdoom

And the front page is flashier than when I was here last!

Especially if you're talking about a mod or campaign...we mostly discuss assets/resources here, and not maps, apart from the hosted stuff.

@ TDG: The ZDoom forum gets a lot more overall activity than this one does, so that would be the better place to go.

Out of curiosity, is one of the BOA team's goals to reuse all the creations from Wolf3D/SoD as well as taking inspirations from fan made Wolf mods?

Yeah Rac****, but if the people here also come on the zdoom forum than consider this question irrelevant.

Blue Shadow's Avatar Blue Shadow - 4 months ago

BoA has its own section. For general stuff, we don't have an off-topic section, so you might want to try the ZDoom forums.

Or the works-in-progress section if you're looking for help...

The topic on the ZDoom forums? :V

Hey guys, if I would like to make a post in which I would like to tell some of my ideas for BOA or Doom TC related topics, what would be the best place?

CaptainManiac's Avatar CaptainManiac - 4 months ago

I have seen it just now.It is great!

Tormentor667's Avatar Tormentor667 - 4 months ago

Have you guys seen the new ability to submit news now? :)

's Avatar ozymandias81 - 4 months ago

Three

CaptainManiac's Avatar CaptainManiac - 4 months ago

@tormentor667,sorry for disturbing you in just that time and posting here,but how many chapters will be Wolfenstein/Doom?

's Avatar ozymandias81 - 5 months ago

@newuser For now we keep the .exe file we have

Blue Shadow's Avatar Blue Shadow - 5 months ago

Your "question" is out of context.

CaptainManiac's Avatar CaptainManiac - 5 months ago

Hi.You have trouble with custom arguments in scripts?

That is something I do not know, I'm afraid.

's Avatar newuser - 5 months ago

Blue Shadow, thanks for showing me the github page! Will the new boa_c2.exe be uploaded to the main website soon?

Looks like some work has been done towards achieving that: https://github.com/Realm667/WolfenDoom/pull/131

So will the "boa_c2.exe" be modified/repaired so it won't trip so many antivirus programs at once?

's Avatar Nchris - 5 months ago

great! thanks for the response. funny thing, though. I let windows Defender do its thing on the file and it "removed the Trojan". still the game runs fine :|

's Avatar ozymandias81 - 5 months ago

@chris Read this, going down: https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=47801&start=2160#p1003880

's Avatar chris - 5 months ago

so is the boa_c2.exe virus issue related to Microsoft Defender finding the Trojan "win32/Dynamer!ac" in the episode 1 download?

's Avatar Ozymandias81 - 5 months ago

@newuser Simply deactivate heuristics before downloading the .pk3 file, then exclude the .exe file with the antivirus

Tormentor667's Avatar Tormentor667 - 5 months ago

This has been already dressed in the FAQ at boa.realm667.com

Raccoon's Avatar Raccoon - 5 months ago

It's because it's a game engine, so it looks for and dynamically alters files.

Can the dev still look into the boa_c2.exe issue? It's not normal for a file to trip so many antivirus programs at once.

False alarm, I'd imagine.

Antivirus scan results: https://virustotal.com/en/file/c4f42813bd980b79f56a9ff532a620794d76f5cb7499c51964da2f45e3b9afef/analysis/1497209006/

Has anyone tested out that "boa_c2.exe file for viruses? My antivirus said it was a Trojan and virustotal.com says 28 / 60 antivirus programs says its viral.

this is the forum for everything,but it has sections,you can easily navigate though them it is obvious where to go

is this the forum for wolfendoom

's Avatar Trl - 5 months ago

Hey guys, why i'm stuck i nthe intermission afetr the first mission, no give me another mission :O

*LISTENING IRON MAIDEN* Hello,how are you?Just to ask you are there ban for very violent map mods?I mean with many violence eading to controversy *ROcking*

Tormentor667's Avatar Tormentor667 - 5 months ago

Updated the forum system to the latest version. If you find any issues please report them to the "Let us know" forum

MagicWazard's Avatar MagicWazard - 5 months ago

Yeah, on Home, there should be a login/registration module right under the WIP screenshots slideshow. There's no login from the Forums pages, though.

's Avatar Ozymandias81 - 5 months ago

HOME ==> CREATE AN ACCOUNT maybe? Use a valid email though

's Avatar DoomN00b - 5 months ago

In fact, how do I even register?? : O I can't see any registration form either!

's Avatar DoomN00b - 5 months ago

How do I post a new thread? I can't see any buttons... I have a bug wherein the database of Doomlauncher seems to go corrupt, to report.

MagicWazard's Avatar MagicWazard - 5 months ago

Also, feel free to create a forum thread (under The Workshop, preferably) if you've got a more complicated question that might need multiple responses.

's Avatar Nikix - 5 months ago

Ok! Thanks for reply :)

Or, I should say, link back to where you got it from.

I'd send a message to whoever was involved in that asking for help, and just put the submission itself as your credit.

Your browser does not support the HTML5 canvas tag.
Cancel

Donate and Help keeping the Realm667 alive!