For me FireSeraphim isn't someone I had on my radar or did remember from the past. He actually said that he already failed a hundred times, releasing something but to be honest, I hope times change with The Edge of Time, a project that he is currently working on - it caught my interest! So what's so special about it? This iteration of his project is not like any of the prior iterations or even like any other mod at all due to certain odd bits of gameplay decisions, which shall be listed here:
- A rather unique scoring system coded by Zhs2 and PhantomBeta, where you get a random
- powerup once you get the amount to trigger a score bonus,
- inspired by the scoring system used in classic Konami arcade games
- Deployable inventory items, including fan favourites such as the Morph Ovum,
- an improved Flechette and cool new items such as the Golden Medikit, the Frost Ovum,
- carryable Radsuits and Nightvision Goggles
- Coins and Treasure items you can collect to add to your score to trigger score bonuses
- New AI for certain vanilla enemies to spice things up a bit, as well as a few new foes
- New Weapons, perfect for rising to the challenge!
- New Maps made just for the mod
And if that doesn't make you curious yet, the screenshots should. More information and visual beauty can be found at the development thread of the mod.