After a total development time of 6 years, 1 month and 20 days, we proudly present you the final version of Wolfenstein: Blade of Agony, a standalone fan-game in the spirit of first-person shooters from the late 90's, set in the WWII and powered by the Wolfenstein canon. This is our vision and creative freedom how a official sequel of Wolfenstein 3D might have looked like, inspired by games like RTCW, Call of Duty and Medal of Honor but with a twist.
Blade of Agony is much more than just a pastiche of the classic shooters that inspired it; the project offers a unique experience with many features not often seen in free fangames:
- 30 playable and unique levels (plus secret maps)
- Orchestra-quality game music
- Voice acting and ambient soundscapes
- Available in 10 different languages
(en, de, es, ru, pt, it, tr, fr, cz, pl)
- A combination of low-poly models and hi-resolution sprite assets to create the perfect retro feeling
- Devastating armaments from the battlefields of WWII
- Interactive NPCs that support the twisted plot's progress and help you understand the game
- Improved enemy AI for more dynamic and challenging fights
- Beautiful special effects (weather, elements, explosions, etc.)
- Modern post-processing shaders (motion & effect blur, noise, flares, etc.)
- Much, much more!
The team was working hard to create an experience that is dedicated to all those oldschool gamers born in the 80's and 90's; not only when it comes to the visuals and gameplay but also for the easter-egg and reference hunt, for the retro feeling the nostalgia and the attention to detail. There is so much to discover for you, and we really hope that you enjoy what has cost us a lot of sweat, nerves and life time. May it be as fun to play for you as it was for us all to create it!
Check the official Blade of Agony webbpage for the complete standalone package, download it now and get psyched!