[Reviews] by Pyroscourge (b833)

6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #1 by Tormentor667
[Reviews] by Pyroscourge (b833) was created by Tormentor667
Intro Text from Starscream

M1 - H1M1
This map is great. Much better start to the project than Silversprings was. It is a bit lacking in detail here and there but I don't think it needs anything too much added to it. Just a few bland areas need a little sprucing up is all. Also, the exit door is unpegged, for whatever reason.
Changelog:
Tormentor667 - Added some detail here and there, fixed the exit door

M2 - H1M2
This map has a lot of monsters. I feel like the count should be toned down a bit, considering every single gargoyle and mummy seems to be a leader. At one point I ran headlong into a group of them which suddenly escalated into six million groups of them. This was obviously not the best decision I have ever made. It has a bunch of bland areas again like the previous map, nothing too shocking but certainly nothing great either. You don't even need to go through the yellow key door for some reason, it's just got a whole area with a bunch more monsters and items.
Changelog:
Tormentor667 - Added some detail here and there, toned down the enemy count and leaderness (considering that this is map 2)

______________________________________________________________________________________________
M3 - H1M3
I got lost for about 30 minutes on this map looking for where to go, until I stumbled upon a button disguised within a stone wall. The blue fog looks silly, and needs to be added to the skybox to make it look in any way good. The lava pool looked cool, but the blue fog ruined it. It feels like there should be areas where all the monsters pour out of closets and buildings rather than just be placed around everywhere. It makes the gameplay kinda boring. Same detail problems as the last few maps. It feels like it was designed for vanilla heretic, and then add a few ZDoom features added here and there. It's not really a bad thing, but it fells like it's not taking advantage of things which it could. You have to back track once you get the green key only to instantly be given the blue key and hit by a really clumpy trap. Overall, the map still works, but it just depends how picky you want to be. If I just played these first three maps before anything else I wouldn't have a very good impression left on me.
Changelog:
Tormentor667 - The blue fog is gone, rest needs to be taken care of but I think it's something the original mapper should work on, it's his baby

______________________________________________________________________________________________
(H1M4)
H1M3 apparently goes straight to H1M5? I'm confused. Was this just a result of the map list compression? There is no h1m4 anymore, so I'll assume so. This map is still impossible from a gold wand start. Lackluster game play in terms of fights and flow, where you have to weirdly go back and forth and falling off the edge makes you take forever to get back up. Enemies usually just swarm you from their respective area. This map looks better in terms of detail, but it's still got a bland area here or there. Also, next to the green key door, there a scrolling ceiling texture for some reason. On top of all this, the level has no where near enough ammo, and this is already play testing from a non gold wand start.

Changelog:
Tormentor667 - The map order has completely changed and unfinished, useless maps have been removed, the original H1M4 was part of that "removal"

M4 - H1M5
This map is pretty good, but a bit rough around the edges. Architecturally, it's great. The texture choices though, a bit odd. It's a bit too colourful and there isn't much lighting so it looks really flat. There might be too much ammo, and it might give you the Phoenix Rod a bit early in the game, but I don't really know if that's a bad thing or not. The gladiatorial combat pit is really neat too, nice job on that.
M6 - H1M7
I won't complain about this level, because I love it too much. Also because I believe there is nothing to complain about. Except for the end of the level, it seems kind of weird to be going into some red portal thing just to go to another normal level. I still think that this should be the boss level of episode 1, and the current one (Tormentor's cool destroyed city one) be moved to the boss level of Episode 4. Maybe even before the boss level of episode 4 then make the ending of the city level connect to something really voidy and firey for the boss level and transition. Also, pods.
M7 - H1M10
This level looks really cool. I think the waterfall at the start should be animated, since it looks kind of weird being static. I feel like the start of this level is far too awesome to not be an intro to something, but I wouldn't be sure where to put this map. The entire start bit shouldn't even have monsters, since it was awesome and atmospheric moving around and finding that button to open the gate. Of course, the inside isn't done yet, but still, totally rad.
Maybe you could just set this level on fire a bit and use it as the Episode 4 boss map, with the city one being used as the prelude to it. I don't know why I am thinking about this so much, but whatever.
Changelog:
Tormentor667 - Fixed the issue with the waterfall, the map is finished theoretically.

M8 - H1M0
Same opinion on this as before. Cool level, still think it should be moved. (This was H1M0 last time)
M9 - H1MX
Really hard from gold wand start. Still a bit bland, but it doesn't matter so much because it's a remake. I thought the pig thing using Archvile fire was weird. It probably shouldn't use those sprites. Also, it turns out you can select the Fire Mace and Hellstaff even if you have no ammo.
M1 - H2M1
Pretty good. Gets the same old 'kinda bland' feel, but it functions as a level pretty well. The gameplay is a bit hard from gold wand start, but everything is okay once you get the crossbow. I jumped through the exit portal and could see the other side which was just a square box for a split second too. Not really a problem just being picky. I'd suggest adding some kind of blue haze here and there to enhance the atmosphere of the map as an introduction to the second episode.
M2 - H2M2
Great architecture in this level. I don't really like the room with the teleporters but, it's not that bad. The gameplay is pretty consistent, except for one Greater Ophidian in a straight corridor that is really hard to kill. Those things shouldn't be tight areas, in my opinion.
M3 - H2M3
Really hard from a gold wand start, again. Needs fog in the skybox, again. Don't like how you are teleported to the green key door, either. Feels like an added excuse to avoid flow problems. The level itself isn't bad, again. Bit bland and boxy, but has some interesting features here and there. Gameplay is additionally straight forward, too. I got telefragged by an enemy so I stopped playing this map before I finished because I didn't save and I'm lazy. This was pretty much the same as my previous review, anyway.
M5 - H2M4
I am noticing a trend in HPack levels. Somewhat linear, somewhat bland, somewhat weird texture choices, and almost always impossible from gold wand start. I feel that if static lighting or even dynamic lightning was tastefully added, along with a few texture changes and gold wand start gameplay re-balancing the entire project could be shipped and caco-worthy easy. Suffering the exact same punishments is starting to get tedious. I remember ZPack had a cool unique map about every second level, this time we are even using GZDoom and we just get a new map which you can instantly predict its contents by just looking at the name. Maybe that's just because 50% of the maps are by Shadesmaster, but at this far through the project I would have already taken to the console to look for the interesting maps.
On the upside, the blue key part in this level is pretty neat. That's unique and interesting.
Oh, and this level has a <youfailit> next to the blue key door.
H2M5
This map is not done yet. It looks like a promising start, and putting in variable lighting and fog effects (Not the standard GZDoom fog) would look really cool. Do we even have a fog effect? We should.

Changelog:
Tormentor667 - The map order has completely changed and unfinished, useless maps have been removed, the original H1M4 was part of that "removal"

(H2M7)
(H3M7???) Yeah, this map isn't done.

Changelog:

M6 - H2M8
This level is ALMOST possible from gold wand start. I didn't find the dragon claw or gauntlets until late, so I had problems. If this level used a consistent theme of textures, it would actually be pretty cool. But right now, every single room you enter gives you another taste of what Baker's legacy offers. That's not a good thing. The flow is a bit off too, it needs you to go back and forth constantly and it gets kind of annoying.
M7 - H2M9
This level is strange, because it once again showcases a strange variety of textures from bakers legacy but the level itself is actually unique and fun. I really enjoyed the last fight, with the pillars lighting up as you killed the skull wizard. If the entire map had the theme of the viney outdoor areas, this map would be so much more consistent. Maybe I have just become too jaded on maps like this, because overall, it was good fun.
M8 - H2M0
Same opinion as last time. Those gold minotaurs really hate water. (This was h2m0 last time)
M1 - H3M1
Another famous starting map to an episode that has been around since, like, 2009? 2010? I don't know but in the end, this one isn't so bad. I feel like I was a bit pickier on this one last time, but I feel it is of an acceptable quality. Still a few things that need to be changed, like the lighting was mostly flat and the fog wasn't in the skybox, along with the good old 'somewhat bland' look going on in the outside areas. And the mini-maze area is awful, please make it more interesting or replace it outright. The red hot haze that has been used in there before was awesome in terms of atmosphere, please add that back in.
M2 - H3M2
I kind of like this map too. Perhaps it's too similar to the previous map? They both use almost identical themes and the same skybox (also without fog in it). Once again, lighting is pretty flat which isn't helping the bland part much, and the fight at the end could either be given more space, or have a few volcanos removed.
You know, I am starting to think that all the maps have really good lighting and I just screwed up my gamma correction or something. Someone else check this for me. The red hot haze that has been used in there before was awesome in terms of atmosphere, please add that back in.
M3 - H3M3
Most important things first, there's a you fail it sign stuck in a pillar after the red key door. Now, it feels like the levels are slowly improving in this episode. This one has some neat architecture and few different coloured textures other than Brown + Grey + Lava. This one has Gold. And also more brown, grey and lava. Doesn't help that the skybox is the same again and still doesn't have fog, not to mention that the same coloured fog has been used in three levels in a row. Come up with a different overall style. You would think they were all made by the same person. Additionally, this one is really hard from a gold wand start, so that should be checked on. And the boss fight at the end kinda glitched, and the Death Knight (who isn't really that threatening anymore) was just sitting in his lowered box for a while, and then eventually the floor raised and let him out.
M4 - H3M4
Wow. This level. Same skybox and fog as the previous three levels. Seemingly identical theme to the other three levels. Absolutely impossible from gold wand start. You Fail It Sign on the first door to your left. Acolyte trap through the red key door was impossible. Lava at the end of the level has no colouring under it. The part at the end of the level is out of theme with the rest of the map (it actually takes advantage of slopes). Weird door textures leading up to the blue key door. And that's all I can remember. On the plus side, this level has some really neat architecture for the building parts. I love the stairs, and the multiple paths they lead at the start is a nice touch.
(H3M6)
Whhhhhyyyyy isn't this level actually finished. It looks really cool, and finally has a somewhat different theme than the previous four levels. Sure, it uses the same fog, but at least the skybox is different, and has a volcano. And my favourite part about this level is it makes ample and effective use of GZDoom features, making it actually seem really solid. BUT WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY IS IT NOT FINISHED.

Changelog:

M6 - H2M6
Please use this kind of map as an example. Starts off in a cool, unique area which instantly gets the players attention. Although, don't follow the example of the fog being broken. It's missing from the brown sludge pool for some reason. I can imagine this looking even better if there was an upper portal on the rocks. Portals fix everything. Also, the rocks here need to have the auto align key spammed and then have their y alignments fixed. BUT. Even with all these problems, the level instantly takes off into something cool and unique, that is actual possible from a gold wand start. You can press the button to make the floating fortress appear while it's still lowered, funnily enough. There's also a sun ammo thing in a minecart which you can't reach. And another you fail it sign in the cool square room from where you can see the red key. And that red key teleporter sent me away before I actually picked up the red key. Kinda annoying. Also, the windwall on the fortress would look cooler if you added extra layers around it on the inside and outside, slowly reducing in alpha so it doesn't look so sharp on the edges.
Changelog:
Tormentor667 - Fixed everything mentioned except the windwall around the castle. I think the effort to put in isn't worth the effect you gain.

M6 - H3M7
Same for this map. One of the episode two levels took me to this one and I got confused, and thought it was for episode two. It's barely done yet anyway, so it doesn't matter.
M8 - H3M0
I know I said this last year, but I want to change a few more things about this level. I'll do that at the same time that I fix the boss fight, as soon as I actually know what to fight.
(H3M8)
Hahahaha, no. Please don't make me play this level again. Not until Corvus doesn't talk like he currently does.

Changelog:

M1 - H4M1
Wow, this level is certainly something. I don't think it's done yet, so I'll wait until it's done to give my opinion. At least it's really unique, but I can't tell if this suits the episode 4 theme or not.
M2 - H4M2
So this level is another weird one. It has peach fog everywhere, which gets kinda harsh on the eyes after a while. The main building is textured the same throughout the entire thing, and there is another mini-boss fight in this level which I don't think should exist. I feel like this level was made early on in development, and it seems that the entire purpose of the level is to make a cool riddle to be solved to get to the secret level. It's unique again, but it isn't excelling in many more qualities than that. I couldn't actually figure out how to win the level, so that's a bad start.
M3 - H4M3
The start of this level is awesome, and that's all there is. A start. Sigh. It needs fog in the skybox, anyway.
M4 - H4M4
This episode has had some crazy levels so far, and this one is no different. I want to reserve any opinion on this level because I know it was made early on, and looks really crazy right now, but I can't put my finger on whether I like this level or if I don't. It has awesome architecture, weird texture choices, and It's obviously incomplete. If someone wants to complete this one I hope it's the old mapper because they would be the only one who would know what they are doing.
M6 - H4M6
I had no idea what I was doing in this level. I was just playing, letting the level take me where it wanted, and throwing countless sons of D’Sparil at me again and again. So that’s a bad thing. The level is impossible from gold wand start, you start in a damaging pit of goo, and there are sons of D’Sparil EVERWHERE. The level had really tedious gameplay, but I did like the part with the Minotaur and the sons’ infighting, although I have no idea why. In terms of design, it feels really bland again, along with my favourite error, no fog in the skybox. The end of the level has damaging water for some reason, which makes it really hard to get past a greater ophidian.
M7 - H4M8
Hahahah, yeah. Doom Textures. Unfinished anyway.
M8 - H4M0
Hey, this map has improved since last time! AND THERE IS FOG IN THE SKYBOX. FINALLY A LEVEL WHICH DOES THIS. I like the removal of the pointless cave area, and this time the little bit with the magma serpents was actually fun, rather than just filler. Nice job there. I still think the music is too awesome for what is going on, but that might be just my opinion. This level could still use a bit of work in the aesthetics department, and it's also impossible from gold wand start. But it's much better than it was last time. And it's not done yet.
M1 - H5M1
This map is great. My only complaint is that it gets a bit swarmy and feels a bit bland in most of the caves. Otherwise this is one of very few levels which I can say is at a very complete and worthy stage.
M2 - H5M2
This level is weird. Another for the 'unique idea, subpar execution' pile. It's really neat how you keep going to new areas when you fall off like you are actually in a vortex of some kind, but the level itself feels really groggy and boring. The design is consistent but bland, and the gameplay is just swarmy. I like the direction of this level, but it needs some work to get it up to a good, fun standard.
M3 - H5M3
This is a neat idea for a level, since we haven't had a single cathedral level yet, and this is a heretic project. Or at least I think we haven't. The map itself needs a lot of work though, it's not done yet, and if you want to pull off the massive scale you have to watch out for the extreme tiling that occurs. The outside area looks cool, but feels really bland right now because of that. Good luck if someone is still working on this one.
M4 - H5M6
Impossible form gold wand start. Fog needs to be inside or at least better match the skybox. This level really makes me think that people really restricted themselves with episode 1 design. This map has a really cool cliff side castle style which just happens to be in the void. The nature areas all look really cool and I really like this level. If you added a portal on top then that would help a ton. I don't like the overabundance of teleporters though; it makes it easy to get lost. I think it needs just a bit more work, and this level could be really good.
M5 - H5M7
I like the atmospheric start to this level with the broken walkway to the portal, except it's ruined by the first building looking like a techbase, the portal not animating and falling off the edge does nothing. Once again, the main portal area is really cool and pretty, and I look forward to seeing this map finished. Too bad it's nowhere near done though.
M6 - H5M9
I think this map should be moved to H5M7. It's too damn cool to not be the penultimate map. I think I mentioned last time that it's big and explore-y, so it would be nice to have the secret exit here too. But it damages me inside to know that this map isn't done yet. PLEEEAASSSEEE FINISH IT. IT HAS PODS AND EVERYTHING.
M9 - H5MX)
I will continue to wait here, at the back of my head, until one day the bright lights come back and accept my invitation. I'm waiting.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #2 by Tormentor667
Replied by Tormentor667 on topic [Reviews] by Pyroscourge (b833)
I will start taking care of those things mentioned by Pyroscourge now from time to time so we get this list shortened. Anything that is fixed will be marked with green, things I didn#t fix are marked with red, just to keep track of things :)

6 years 3 months ago #3 by Tormentor667
Replied by Tormentor667 on topic [Reviews] by Pyroscourge (b833)
Okay, I am done with marking the stuff that is worth being done and also marked the stuff that I have already done.

Shoutbox

Ganbare-Lucifer's Avatar Ganbare-Lucifer - 4 days ago

Man... Don't you just hate when the site IP Bans you for thinking your IP is a spambot?

's Avatar TrustworthyBard - 1 week ago

Does anyone know if City of the Damned: Apocalypse - Remaster still is being planned to release? I can't find anything definitive either way.

's Avatar Eager Fan - 1 week ago

Since Q1 has come and gone without a release, I was wondering if you plan on announcing a new release window? I've been waiting to replay the redone chapters.

Blue Shadow's Avatar Blue Shadow - 2 weeks ago

I don't remember. It either happened before my time, or I just simply don't remember (maybe because long-name textures?)

inkoalawetrust's Avatar inkoalawetrust - 2 weeks ago

Why is it allowed to use a PK3 archive for a texture pack but not for an actor submission ?

@Blue Shadow I was looking at the texture repository and I noticed that the submission rules say that PK3 archives are allowed for texture sets.

Here's a sneek peek of it (I think that what it's called.): https://i.imgur.com/0uq5eII.png

I'm also gonna begin working on something new sooner or later, though it'll take some time for Freebmane to finish all the models and sprites for it.

The demo map for the tank also includes a parallaxing 3D skybox (Because I felt like adding one.), which I may also submit eventually since it's very useful.

Oh also @Blue Shadow, as I mentioned on my new post on the MBT thread, I'll release the new version of the tank whenever I can stop it from wallhacking.

@Gothic Mood

Gothic's Avatar Gothic - 2 weeks ago

time to stop being so lazy, and start reviewing submissions again

Blue Shadow's Avatar Blue Shadow - 2 weeks ago

I'm assuming you're referring to Blade of Agony? If so, then yes, it's still coming out.

's Avatar :( - 2 weeks ago

So Tormentor667 has announced that he's leaving... is this project even coming out anymore?

Blue Shadow's Avatar Blue Shadow - 4 weeks ago

About the garbage text, sorry no idea. You can report the issue in the Let Us Know sub-forum at the top, so Tormentor is aware of it.

inkoalawetrust's Avatar inkoalawetrust - 4 weeks ago

@Blue Shadow I just posted the new version of the tank, the demo map you told me to make isn't finished yet, when it's done I'll link it on the thread.

's Avatar impulse101 - 4 weeks ago

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask. I was just wondering if the release is still planned for Q1 21? The 31st is coming up and I haven't heard anything new.

inkoalawetrust's Avatar inkoalawetrust - 4 weeks ago

@Blue Shadow Do you know why there would be garbage text that appears inside the forum posts I make ? I can't seem to get rid of it no matter what I try.

's Avatar zsec9000 - 1 month ago

Actually I saw that the latest version of VS doesn't support Vista anymore, Windows 7 or higher is needed for it to work.

Blue Shadow's Avatar Blue Shadow - 1 month ago

@zsec9000: In short, GZDoom is compiled using VS. The 2019 version offers features that the devs utilize which are not compatible with XP.

Blue Shadow's Avatar Blue Shadow - 1 month ago

@Lagi: Yes, we do. Just make sure you follow the submission rules. Although, the activity is minimal, so don't expect an immediate review.

's Avatar zsec9000 - 1 month ago

So gzdoom is related to visual studio 2019?

Lagi's Avatar Lagi - 2 months ago

do you still accept new monster here? or im 2 years too late?

Lagi's Avatar Lagi - 2 months ago

hi

Blue Shadow's Avatar Blue Shadow - 2 months ago

No, it doesn't (https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=64876).

's Avatar zsec9000 - 2 months ago

So on XP it doesn't work anymore?

Blue Shadow's Avatar Blue Shadow - 2 months ago

Vista and above, I think.

And I didn't mean to post the same question twice.

Which windows you need to run the latest version of gzdoom?

Which windows you need to run the latest version of gzdoom?

's Avatar schnibbelkram - 3 months ago

went back and forth, but cant find the issue

's Avatar schnibbelkram - 3 months ago

hey , need some help with "operation" stahlhimmel" . I cannot ope the launch bay gate. I thought i accomplished everything, placed all the c4, went back and for

Blue Shadow's Avatar Blue Shadow - 4 months ago

Sorry it's taking so long, but if the submission is in order, it'll eventually approved and added. It's just a matter of finding the time to do that.

's Avatar sergeirocks100 - 4 months ago

It's been almost a month and my texture submission still has not been approved, i'm starting to worry that it might not ever be approved.

Gothic's Avatar Gothic - 5 months ago

Seems like I can log in again

's Avatar DanielBreakdown - 5 months ago

Doom TrinityMap01: Breaking InBoss: Devastator ZombieMap02: Snow PointBoss: CheoghMap03: Ghost ForestBoss: Hells FuryMap04: The AvatarBoss: Avat

JohnCook1994's Avatar JohnCook1994 - 5 months ago

Hey guys, I am currently working at my job due to Holiday rush. Be sure to submit anything and either myself or the staff will give you advice.

Robot J's Avatar Robot J - 6 months ago

Was the website just down a bit ago for anyone?

Gothic's Avatar Gothic - 6 months ago

This may be related to the DDoS attack the site suffered a few days ago. Try contacting Torm in the zdoom forums.

Cyantusk's Avatar Cyantusk - 6 months ago

Hi, my IP is constantly getting banned for no reason. I'm simply browsing the site.

daemonspudguy's Avatar daemonspudguy - 6 months ago

My home IP address is banned for no reason

's Avatar uBO - 7 months ago

hi

JohnCook1994's Avatar JohnCook1994 - 7 months ago

If it weren't for Gothic, I be toasted.

Gothic is one of the most reliable friend I've ever met.

Salahmander's Avatar Salahmander - 7 months ago

Just officially released the complete version of Super Golden Souls. Find it on ZDoom or Doomworld. Enjoy. :D

ozymandias81's Avatar ozymandias81 - 7 months ago

Very happy to see finally Crusader of Might & Magic tx uploaded, thanks a bunch Gothic :)

@SalahMander, I might be on DoomWorld soon. I actually forgot to check on the ShoutBox

Salahmander's Avatar Salahmander - 8 months ago

You have to make a replacement actor of the original monsters in order to add the possessed state.

's Avatar What's wrong with possess - 8 months ago

What's wrong with possession sphere, why is it not working?

Salahmander's Avatar Salahmander - 8 months ago

@JohnCook1994, you about on DoomWorld?

JohnCook1994's Avatar JohnCook1994 - 9 months ago

Do it brother

's Avatar Caeden11 - 9 months ago

I Have a suggestion for Realm667. It is a Marine who was transformed into this monstrous demon with wings and a split jaw. I call it........Betrayer!

Hopefully everything is okay right now

Hey guys, I updated the published things on the repository. For the author's name, for ex I added StopSign's name to Chubbs

Warhawk, it would be best to submit it, and we shall see it's death.

It's published

Robot J's Avatar Robot J - 9 months ago

I wonder if the B.R.P.S will actually make it to the armory

Gothic's Avatar Gothic - 9 months ago

I guess as an update, but can we see it first?

Warhawk's Avatar Warhawk - 9 months ago

Hey guys, I made an alternate death animation for Abaddon. How do I submit it?

's Avatar LoganMTM - 9 months ago

Iddqd999

My pleasure, Sir Gothic

Gothic's Avatar Gothic - 10 months ago

It's up now. Thanks!

JohnCook1994's Avatar JohnCook1994 - 10 months ago

Alright guys, I fixed the expired problem. Can you guys see Abaddon on the Beastiary - Doom Style monster?

The problem was that I saw this expired thing on abaddon, and the download button is that direct like the others

I uploaded and published the Abaddon monster via the how-to topic for the repo stuff. I am asking Tormentor667 for more help.

I don't see the Abaddon added to the beastiary

They are.

's Avatar zsec - 10 months ago

Suicide bombers remind me of creepers in minecraft

's Avatar mr cool - 10 months ago

hey guys what is up

mattbratt11's Avatar mattbratt11 - 10 months ago

How long does the Repository Submission Absence last?

's Avatar comegetsome - 10 months ago

Hey there, interested in trying to get this to run on my RetroPie. Is this compatible with lzdoom by chance? Thanks!

here https://devbuilds.drdteam.org/gzdoom/

's Avatar marriagecounselor - 10 months ago

Where do we find the dev builds?

's Avatar Avi - 10 months ago

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!

Tormentor667's Avatar Tormentor667 - 10 months ago

Please use a dev build. The text file says 4.4+

's Avatar Avi - 10 months ago

I'm having the same issue as cycogod. Currently running version 4.3.3-2 through Manjaro (linux)

's Avatar Makazu87 - 10 months ago

How close is boa chapter 3's release?

are you using the latest gzdoom build?

cycogod's Avatar cycogod - 10 months ago

error please help getting pk3 to run

cycogod's Avatar cycogod - 10 months ago

sapphire.pk3:zscript/saphrtorch.zc, line 89: Default blocks currently disabled in mixinssapphire.pk3:zscript/saphrtorch.zc, line 165: Mixin SaphrFireMixin does

's Avatar abbuw - 11 months ago

I like to take up the rear end by Schwoogies like my buttboy ZedekThePlagueDoctor

Stopsignal's Avatar Stopsignal - 11 months ago

Greetings! Could i ask for someone to check the creatures i added too, if it's not too much of a hassle? Hyped to see if they get accepted! Anyways, thanks!

Cyantusk's Avatar Cyantusk - 11 months ago

@ozymandias81 Thank you! I've already replied! Yea it's all cool here. What about there?

ozymandias81's Avatar ozymandias81 - 11 months ago

@Cyantusk - Done, very cool stuff... I deliberately optimized some stuff, check your posts hope all cool :)

@Cyantusk - Gonna check them asap

Cyantusk's Avatar Cyantusk - 11 months ago

Hello, are my recent posts alright? It's been 3 months unanswered. Do they need changes?

Gothic's Avatar Gothic - 11 months ago

No

's Avatar Crow - 11 months ago

Hello is any1 online?

royn - I guess you have issues with BoA on the base, simply go outside and talk to Miller at the start again after briefing

Click the Donate button below MakeHissyHappy image and follow instruction :)

's Avatar how do i donate - 11 months ago

how do i donate money?

's Avatar damm... - 1 year ago

damm. No sounds in snap version and flatpak is broken.

Fiorello1's Avatar Fiorello1 - 1 year ago

EEEH

SKRFrancis's Avatar SKRFrancis - 1 year ago

EHH FRIMAN.

's Avatar royn - 1 year ago

how the **** do you beat the damn level nothing happens ive explored everything

's Avatar BadMojo - 1 year ago

Thanks, I didn't see the comments *face palm*.. I'll give that new exe a go, cheers

's Avatar Ozymandias81(notlogged) - 1 year ago

Yes man it is fine, it is a phalse positive and you can undertsand it by reading moddb page (and my replies). New exe if you want: https://bit.ly/32fp63G

BadMojo's Avatar BadMojo - 1 year ago

Just downloaded BOA from the moddb page, but windows security is showing boa_c2.exe as a trojan, is this normal?

's Avatar Jimbob - 1 year ago

jimbobbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

's Avatar alex - 1 year ago

alex2009

's Avatar Alex - 1 year ago

alex2009

's Avatar alex - 1 year ago

alex2009

's Avatar Paul - 1 year ago

How do I sign in to the forums?

@Jimmy - Unfortunately we can't due to massive usage of advanced stuff, but if you have BlueStacks + compatible GZDoom with andro and BoA... who knows

's Avatar Jimmy - 1 year ago

Can you guys port blades of agony to android or no

's Avatar RamboLevi - 1 year ago

Hello! It will sound noobish,but i cant find where to register on main page. Any help please? I have a serious issue to post here on Forum 'bout the game.

ozymandias81's Avatar ozymandias81 - 1 year ago

Merry Christmas to everyone!

DizzyDillo's Avatar DizzyDillo - 1 year ago

I combined Brutal Doom and Sigil today for the fun of it. I was not disappointed. I recommend trying it.

Blue Shadow's Avatar Blue Shadow - 1 year ago

Update submitted.

I'm currently trying to figure out a way to solve the issue while keeping compatibility with both GZDoom and Zandronum.

Hmm, it seems the code that I added to make the weapon ignore altfire if there isn't enough ammo doesn't work anymore in GZDoom.

zsec5500's Avatar zsec5500 - 1 year ago

to*

That once I switch to it, it won't let me switch t another weapon and I can't fire the weapon when I click the left mouse button.

"Not working" doesn't tell us much. What's the issue are you having with it exactly?

Napalm Launcher is not working, what happened to it?

I have never seen a strife mod that uses the medium ammo pickups from this site, does anyone know some mods that do use that?

See this: https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=66266

We're also looking for having a new team that would take care of submissions to the repository.

We're currently looking for people who can actively post news on the site.

's Avatar Stopsignal - 1 year ago

Hey! I was checking old submissions and realized that the button to change pages in a topic in mobile is not displayed. Just to let you know!

's Avatar noob - 1 year ago

thanks blue shadow. anyway, i fixed the problem by binding "lstickup" to forward (even though the left y axis is already bound to forward) and that fixed sprint

To make posts, you need to have a forum account first (you create one from the site's main page).

just gonna say it here then. in BoA, sprint does not work if you're using a controller...

how tf do i make a post on this forum lol

's Avatar Shadesmaster - 1 year ago

Swraph

doomedarchviledemon's Avatar doomedarchviledemon - 1 year ago

Happy Halloween! ^_^

So there is only one strife custom weapon here?

Gothic's Avatar Gothic - 1 year ago

wake me up when Zandro supports them then

The anonymous functions is a deal breaker, since it'll make the monster no longer usable with Zandronum.

simplified code, using annon functions instead of multiple TNT1 frames, sprite offsets fixed, and better sound quality since its last update

What kind of changes have you done to it?

I doubt they are.

if Maelstorm is still around here, may I have permission to update the InfernoDemon?

Cyantusk's Avatar Cyantusk - 1 year ago

i see, thank you for the clarification!

Submissions need to be reviewed first before a decision is made.

i double checked the rules, but maybe i missed something

oh ok. I removed the tag from my posts. Taking the opportunity to ask: there's something wrong in my posts? I don't see the submissions in the repository yet...

The [SUBMISSION] tag isn't needed. Setting the icon alone is enough.

oh i see, ty!

Stopsignal's Avatar Stopsignal - 1 year ago

Indeed! Also, use the submission icon, the one with the S!

Hello, how do i tag a forum post of mine with [submission]? I just type in its title?

Yes, like Infernal Attack.

's Avatar Revenge - 1 year ago

Is there a mod that allows your custom weapons to be spawned randomly on the maps?

Cryocubus has been updated on moddb, check it out and I hope he is much better.

But the Strife Pistol I've seen in a mod called Strife Uncut.

I haven't seen a single strife mod that uses the custom strife monsters here.

I managed to reduce a huge chunk of the Inferno Demon's code on DECORATE

I mean that I saw it only in infernal attack not in this site.

Vores exist thanks to Quake 1, and they are also present here on r667... What do you mean?

I never heard of an enemy called vore and I think he never existed here.

What Hexen project?

Super Doomgod's Avatar Super Doomgod - 1 year ago

Awesome, i was waiting for a Hexen project, finally.

Why the Hellstorm Archon death message says Archon of Hell?

Actually, I didn't know that most of the monsters here are so old.

's Avatar zsec5500 - 1 year ago

Ok

Actually, I don't know who you are.

DizzyDillo's Avatar DizzyDillo - 1 year ago

No need to welcome me. It's AshuraTheChimera, back from "retirement". You might remember me from Yura's pyrosuccubus mod from almost 10 years ago.

I did notice there were 2 links.

zsec5500 - How so? Did you read both of them? Those are separate links, and each of them tells you what Decorate or ZScript are

The link you sent me has nothing in it.

zsec5500 - Use zdoomwiki: https://zdoom.org/wiki/DECORATE // https://zdoom.org/wiki/ZScript

What is the difference between ZScript and Decorate?

What is arachnocubus?

Because they are meant to be accesible for any kind of mod. If you want weapons with reloading, you can always give them yourself

Why weapons here have no reloading?

I found some old stuff that didn't exist here, I know where to get them but I'm not allowed to tell.

Dynamo's Avatar Dynamo - 1 year ago

https://realm667.com/index.php/en/forum-board/let-us-know/1304-cybermage-textures done!

So it doesn't get lost, I suggest you make a new thread about this in the Let Us Know sub-forum.

's Avatar Dynamo - 1 year ago

cheers!

I would also like to respectfully point out the site offers textures that are even more huge in size, such as max payne. seems contradictory not to have both

evidently this simple aspect of doom mapping was overlooked by the one who closed the submission

I have used them before in maps, the complaint about the sizing difference is irrelevant because in UDMF you can just resize textures as you please

https://realm667.com/index.php/en/forum-board/closed-submissions/536-submission-cybermage-textures could this be reviewed again? these textures are useful imho

What's the error?

's Avatar Crythix - 1 year ago

How do I spawn the Satyr in GZDOOM? It keeps giving me an error, what am I doing wrong?

's Avatar t3hgonz01 - 1 year ago

is there a slated release date for chapter 3?

BadMojo's Avatar BadMojo - 1 year ago

Feel the wrath of my 1 time only inconsequential shoutboxing.. Hello realm goers, I hope all is well for you all :)

What is that mod you are talking about?

's Avatar Gray - 1 year ago

Trying to use 'quick kick' but when I assign it to a key, nothing happens. Grenade and Objectives work fine, just not quick kick.

Now, are we done with these questions?

You don't need to know about them; they're history.

Like what?

We only have a few resources that were added and then later removed.

If you can't find the resource you're looking for on the repo, then assume it never made it in there in the first place.

Along with Dark Claw and Soul Render...

That's true. Was Soul Cube existed here?

When weapon-equipped monsters are submitted, it's not typical that they're paired with a submission of the weapon they're equipped with.

No "catharsi cannon" ever existed, to my knowledge.

What about Catharsi Cannon, did it exist here before?

As far as I know, that weapon I linked to is the only devastator we've ever had. So I guess the answer is no, then.

Not that devastator from Duke Nukem 3D, I meant the devastator that the devastator zombie uses.

We have a devastator: https://www.realm667.com/index.php/en/armory-mainmenu-157-97317/other-sources-styles-mainmenu-160-29963/661-devastators

There was a sonic railgun. It was taken down by request from the auther of the submission.

Did sonic railgun and devastator exist here before?

Post them as separate submissions, each in their own thread, and we'll see.

elend's Avatar elend - 1 year ago

Realistic style, cartoon style and some gnarly dead trees.

Define "different styles".

elend's Avatar elend - 1 year ago

I have four sets of trees with slightly different styles. Would it be best to have four separate wads or should I combine them all into one wad?

I don't know the history of those monsters, so I can't answer. They were added before my time here.

And why arachnophyte is not a boss?

Your browser does not support the HTML5 canvas tag.
Cancel

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.